- Paperback: 272 pages
- Publisher: Reformation Heritage Books (December 1, 2011)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1601781563
- ISBN-13: 978-1601781567
The Holy Spirit is often treated as either a dry doctrine for our mouths to recite or raw power to ignite our emotions. Geoff Thomas shows us that the Holy Spirit is both infinitely glorious and intensely personal. Neither a theory nor a force, the Spirit is God and acts as our God in gathering a people to Himself.
This book follows the scriptural revelation of the Spirit from Genesis to Pentecost to today, covering such topics as His personality and Deity, His inspiration and anointing in the Old Testament, His conviction and regeneration, the spiritual gifts, putting to death sinful deeds by the Spirit, His sealing, and spiritual revival.
It will help believers to know how much the Spirit of God loves them, and will help them to love the Spirit with all their hearts and with Him, the whole Triune God. It may also help unbelievers to begin to thirst for the living water which they desperately need.
Table of Contents:
1. The Holy Spirit: the Infinite Personal God
2. The Holy Spirit in the Old Testament
3. The Inspiration of Old Testament Prophets
4. The Anointing Spirit of God
5. Blaspheming of the Holy Spirit
6. Asking for the Holy Spirit
7. Spirit Birthing Spirit
8. The Father Sends the Counselor
9. The Spirit Convicts the World of Its Guilt
10. Preparing for Pentecost
11. What Happened at Pentecost
12. The Preaching of Pentecost
13. Did You Receive the Holy Spirit?
14. The Spirit Buries Our Misdeeds and Intercedes for Us
15. The Gifts of the Holy Spirit
16. The Most Excellent Way of Love
17. The Sealing of the Holy Spirit
18. The Love of the Holy Spirit
19. The Holy Spirit and Revival
20. The Authority of the Holy Spirit
21. The Spirit and Ministry